Seether and Crossfade was last night. Crossfade was pretty good...too bad most of the night I spent trying not to get killed. But hey, it was pretty damn fun! DB now has a thing for the Crossfade bassist (mind you, I am usually the one in love with the bassist. Maybe I have moved on a bit to guitarists and singers). Anyhow, we once again missed our chance to hang out with the guys. According to DB, both of the Crossfade guys were checking her out. She really should have jumped on that.
We did make a little progress in our dreams of being groupies. I at least got to talk to Ed. Well, kinda. I told him I liked his shirt. I got a weird face from him and a "thank you." Looking back he probably just thought me to be pretty strange for saying that. I did like his stupid shirt! It had a star on it and that is my obsession. He almost ran over DB as he was walking by. It probably would have been really easy to get backstage. We decided that we really need to go some balls already, so to speak.
Another highlight of the evening is that we made a very useful friend. His name is Victor and he is with the security company that the venues around here use. Interestingly enough, his day job is with a bank doing home equities. We talked to him a bit at VR and he remembered us. It was great hearing him recap DB's drunken behaviors at the last concert. Apparently, she was rubbing up on guys and has no recollection of it. She thought it was me.
Victor was a cool guy. I am glad we made friends with him. Now all we need to do is coordinate our concerts with his schedule. That and talk him into getting beer for us. He did give us water and gum though.
What sucked about the concert:
All the stupid 15,16,17-year olds there. I think we were the only ones in the pit with beer. There was a nice little mosh pit behind us, including a bad ass little chick who was kicking all the boys' asses. There was also a girl fight. (surprisingly, DB was not involved). One girl pushed so the other one gave her one good punch. Then the poor little baby who started it went and tattled.
Wednesday, June 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Fun night. Way too many kids. Why do we always miss so many opportunities? Oh well! We still have time. We need to find something to do in July. Actually, we need to find a fwe things to do in July. We need to do at least two rock whore days a month. I think that will be the only thing that will keep me sane.
do you think we could survive two rock whore nights a month?
what is going to be the other one for this month then?
Post a Comment