Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Creepy Guy's Cross

One of my "favorite" customers at work is a guy that Martha and I refer to as "Creepy Guy". He has greasy, curly blond hair and wears glasses. He could easy pass as the serial killer next door type: awkward, quiet, and just plain weird.

lately at work, one of my favorite activities is to play with the guys that I know I can make nervous. He is a real easy one. Every time I speak to him he is completely unable to from anything resembling a sentence. It usually resorts into him asking me how I am three or four times because he is too shy to say anything else.

I am sure that Creepy Guy is a really good guy deep down. He is just so strange! He once asked me if I would be interested going on a Christian mission with him to someplace like Honduras. That is what he does with his spare time. Hey, at least he gets to see a little bit of the world.

Creepy Guy just recently (presumably for Easter) erected a cross outside of his house on his side yard. It has flowers and plants neatly planted around this huge wooden cross. I have nothing against his Christian views and enthusiasm, but this cross is somewhat ridiculous. The rest of his yard is full of weeds and just a wreak, but even that is okay. The problem is that two times I have driven pass his house to find that stupid cross had fallen down and half way blocking the road. I am just waiting to drive by one day and having it crash down on my car. People walk along that neighborhood all the time too. What happens it if falls and hits a person or the dog they are walking? I guess it would just serve as a sign that they (or me and my car) are going to Hell.

No comments: