Wednesday, February 16, 2005

PETA Once Again

Yesterday a friend stopped by my place of employment and had with her these cute little bean-bag animals that she was selling for March of Dimes. I couldn't resist buying the adorable duck dressed in a duck robe. I figured, hey it is for a good cause and it is only $5.00. After she had left I got to thinking about the organization I was donating to. I have nothing against donating to help end premature births, but I remembered what I had heard about the their research methods.

In the past I had read about the animal testing that March of Dimes does in order to study premature birth and find ways to resolve it. I can't for the life of me remember where I had originally read it, but it did ultimately result in me reading PETA's take on the situation. In an earlier post (which was removed because I started to feel bad about what I had written) I wrote that I was not exactly a fan of PETA and was unsure it I can trust them and their propaganda.


Regardless, I am disturbed by their information about the March of Dimes. Animal testing doesn't help find human cures. We have different bodies and use many organs in different ways.

--As a sidebar--
Tash,
I love you. I am sorry about your doggie!

No comments: