
Happy St. Patty's!

It is St. Patrick's day. Another one of those useless holidays. (Any holiday you have to go to work on is pretty much useless if you ask me!). I would probably feel a bit different if I were Irish. Then maybe this day would mean more than green beer and parades.
The myth is that Saint Patrick ran all the snakes out of Ireland. My new Irish friend at work told me earlier this month that there never were any snakes in Ireland for him to get rid of. So.. What the heck did Saint Patrick do? I think I may have to do some research to find that answer. I think the Irish just wanted a day to drink heavily (more than they stereotypically already do) and get rowdy. All the world's drunks unite!! Plus, it is a great excuse to pinch someone else.
_________________________________________________
I search and search to figure out what St. Patrick's miracle was (to be canonized , one must perform a "miracle"). The only thing I could find was that he brought Christianity to Ireland and helped to drive out the Pagans. Maybe Pagan=snake. Catholic St. Index Catholic-Forum

No comments:
Post a Comment