Wednesday, January 26, 2005

76 degree water

It was a whopping 50-some degrees outside this morning. Florida is not supposed to have a winter! Hurricanes, yes, but it should always be, at the very least, in the mid 60s. The air temperature alone was bad enough. Couple that lovely fact with the icy water I was forced to jump into. Okay, so in reality, it was about 76 degrees in the water, but I think I just might have frostbite due to it. I think I may need to find some other physical activity to do. All the chlorine has finally seeped into my brain and rendered me completely crazy. Only two other people swam with me this morning. Lindsay is overly ambitious and way too dedicated. Al, on the other hand, is probably just crazy like me.

To be fair I should mention that both Jeff and Steve (I think it was Steve anyways) did show up for practice. They chickened out and didn't get near the water. Now why would anyone get up at 5:00AM or so just to hang out on a pool deck? I told Jeff he better not let any girls show him up by getting in the water while he just watched. He apparently didn't care if we did.


No comments: